Poems for Dannyfest
Poem by Doug West
Our venerable friend here named Danny
Was "only in physics". A plan he
- Devised: sent his proofs
- Uncle Paul said, "Gadzooks,
His knack for the math is uncanny."
So he left his position at Brandei(s)
And came to teach courses at M.I.(T.).
- He conquered the region;
- His students are legion.
He characterized posets: the LY(M).
Though some know him only as Kleitman,
They always are sure to invite him.
- His lecturing style
- Entertains all the while.
We hope that this meeting delights him.
Poem by M. Griggs, age 10
He has antiques and a house
- Got three children and a spouse
Get the hose and water the lawn
- Oh, please pass the Mexican flan
He's got an office, full from A to Z
- He hasn't even got room for me
He's got a movie, all for him
- He eats Thai food, till he's slim
He's got this inkwell, of a man eating turkey
- And he's got the biggest brain cells, that ain't no beef jerky
He has this wheel, that hits 79,
- it seems like each and every time
Sharon is his spunky wife
- He's had her for part of his life
Sharon keeps him on the line
- (Hey, you know this is a rhyme!)
So, we're here to celebrate his birthday today,
- I'm sorry for the people who have to pay!