Professor Qi Wang's Homepage
Computational Nanoscience and Mathematical Modeling Laboratory
Professor of Mathematics and Adjunct Professor of Chemistry and BioChemistry
Department of Mathematics, Interdisciplinary Mathematics Institute,
and NanoCenter at USC
· One (1) Postdoc position
· Graduate Research Assistants (RA)
Current Research Interests:
1. Fluid Dynamics and rheology of complex fluids, especially, flows of liquid crystalline polymers, active liquid crystals, biaxial liquid crystals, phase transition, pattern formation and defect dynamics of liquid crystalline polymers.
2. Polymer blends, multiphase complex fluids and flows, and hybrid materials.
3. Multiscale theory, kinetic theory and continuum theory for flows of complex fluids and rheology of flowing nanocomposite materials.
4. Characterization of mechanical and electric properties of hybrid materials; transport phenomena in meso and nanoscales
5. Modeling and computation of renewable (green) energy, especially, biofuel processing.
6. Modeling and computation of complex biological systems, complex biofluids (biofilms, biogels), and cellular dynamics (cell motility, migration, and fusion).
7. Parallel computation of complex fluid flow systems and CPU-GPU hybrid computing.
8. Wave propagation in anisotropic media; electron transport in heterogeneous media
My research has been partially supported by grants from AFOSR (Air Force Office of Scientific Research), NSF (National Science Foundation,) NIH (National Institute of Health) and SC EPSCoR/IDeA Office .