I am currently a fifth (and final) year mathematics graduate student at the University of South Carolina, and my advisor is Matt Ballard. I am interested in algebraic geometry questions in positive characteristic, derived categories, toric varieties, and spherical varieties, amongst (a lot of) other things. In particular, I have recently been thinking about using the derived category to answer rationality questions.
Besides math, I like to draw, paint, and hang out with animals.
During the Spring 2019 semester, I began collecting data on usage of the mathematics tutoring center in LeConte 105. You can learn more about this here.
- Rice University Algebraic Geometry & Number Theory Seminar, September 10, 2019
- University of Georgia Algebraic Geometry Seminar, September 18, 2019
- Emory University Algebra Seminar, October 8, 2019
- University of Oregon, October 22, 2019
- University of Colorado Boulder, October 30, 2019
- FRAGMENT Seminar @ Colorado State, October 31, 2019
- Interactions between Brauer Groups, Derived Categories and Birational Geometry of Projective Varieties @ Banff, November 10-15, 2019
- Dartmouth Algebra & Number Theory Seminar, January 7,2020
- Joint Mathematics Meetings Denver, January 15-18, 2020
alicial (at) math.sc.edu
Office Hours. (Fall 2019)
Mon & Wed 2:30-3:30
or by appointment